LS2 Annual Meeting 2019
The LS2 Annual Meeting with the topic "Cell Biology from Tissue to Nucleus" brings together scientists from all nations and backgrounds to explore the large spectrum united under the umbrella of Life Sciences.
Thursday 14 February 2019 - 8h00 to Friday 15 February 2019 - 18h15 - Université de Zurich - Campus Irchel
SPECIAL SESSION: PIs of Tomorrow - The Future of Swiss Research
Advanced Postdocs with the wish to start an own research group in a Swiss research institution are invited to apply for this session.
This plenary session offers an opportunity to postdocs and senior researchers interested in pursuing an academic career to present a talk similar in format to a professorship application interview. A knowledgeable jury panel of professors will evaluate the presentations and provide feedback in a one-on-one session afterward.
Applications must be received by November 1st, 2018.
If you are selected, your travel and accommodation fees will be paid by the LS2 organization.
LS2 ANNUAL MEETING: Cell Biology from Tissue to Nucleus
- A scientific program with more than 20 (inter)nationally renowned speakers over two days plus 20+ selected young speakers from abstracts
- 4 international plenary lectures
- 7 scientific symposia
- Public Panel discussion: "Is merit (gender) biased? Advancement in academia."
- Career Lunch Session by Career Services at the University of Zurich
- The popular Postdoc contest "PIs of Tomorrow" where the best future projects from diverse disciplines are being showcased.
- Two dedicated poster sessions with 150+ posters
- A large industry exhibition with 30+ industry partners
- As every year, the winner of the Friedrich-Miescher Award and the Lelio Orci Award will be honored in a special ceremony
Abstract submission deadline: November 30th, 2018
Registration deadline without poster: December 21st, 2018
Life Sciences Switzerland