Swiss Mobility Conference 2018
The Swiss Mobility Conference (SMC) is the result of a collaboration between the chairs of urban sociology (EPFL) and geography of mobilities (UNIL). The objective of SMC is to provide a place for discussion and debate for researchers in humanities and social sciences working on various forms of mobility.
Monday 19 November 2018 - 8h45 to Tuesday 20 November 2018 - 17h00 - Géopolis - 2129 & 2207
Presentations will address the mobilities in their diversity (housing choices, modal practices,
multi-local dwelling, tourism, etc.). They can register in the following research areas:
- theoretical debates (and in particular the contributions of social theories to the study of mobilities)
- methodological innovations (using mobile methods)
- public policy and decision making in mobility
- regulation of mobility and its tools
- the actors and their logics of action
- the norms and values underlying mobility and social inequality
- temporality and spatiality of mobility
- mobility prospective
Laboratoire de sociologie urbaine, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne &
Institut de géographie et durabilité, Université de Lausanne
Program (updated on 2018-11-14)
Please click here to register before 1th of November 2018.
Registration fee is CHF 80, which includes meals, coffee breaks, and documentation (+ CHF 20 for evening meal).
Venue and practical information
The conference will take place in the "Géopolis" building on University of Lausanne’s Campus. You can find the location map here .
Please note that the conference site is easily accessible from Lausanne city centre with public transportation. Detailed information can be found here.
For any question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Institut de géographie et durabilité